Posted August 6, 2018
This is a full-time, in-house position located in Portland, Oregon. We will not consider freelancers or recruiters.
Gard Communications is looking for a digital and advertising account manager to manage complex website redevelopment projects and advertising clients.
On the digital side, we specialize in building large complex websites, often for government and healthcare entities. This role will work in close partnership with our director of digital, our senior developer and digital producer. On the advertising side, we specialize in social marketing advertising and behavior change. For example, we work with ODOT/Transportation Safety on a range of programs areas designed to get drivers to buckle up, driver sober and much more. This role will work in close partnership with our creative director, copywriter and graphic designer.
This is a hybrid role, and we’re looking for someone who can work in both areas. Someone who enjoys challenges and is willing to take ownership. This position reports to the President.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years related experience is preferred, if you have less, make your case.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communications including through email, phone and in person. Diplomacy, especially with clients, is key.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills and an organized thinker
- Experience managing complex web design and redevelopment projects
- Strong project management skills
- Familiar with the steps required for a complex website redesign, including Discovery, Information Architecture, UX/UI, design, content, development, QA and launch.
- Experience with planning and managing advertising campaigns
- Strong project management skills
- Understanding of production timeline
- Familiar with paid media channels
- Uses technology and online resources to generate opportunities for clients
This person will work on both digital and advertising accounts, interfacing with clients, managing projects and supporting accounts. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in all aspects of the work.
NICE TO HAVE
Experience working with clients in similar industry sectors as Gard’s including government, transportation and healthcare.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
- We are a helpful, responsive, collaborative lot, and we unfailingly support each other to bring the best to each client.
- We’ll help you grow professionally by providing an environment in which you can continue to explore and learn. We also offer professional development support such as for conference attendance, and membership to professional associations.
- We’re an established firm with a track record of retaining employees for many years. We understand that a sustainable work environment is one that offers stability, and values and supports each individual with respect.
- Our structure is egalitarian and we value initiative and self-motivation.
- We are committed to work-life balance. We stay focused on the work and manage our client projects with efficiency, so that overtime is very rarely required.
Gard offers a competitive salary and premium heath and dental benefits for you and your family. Employees qualify for 401K, disability, and life insurance plans after 6 months.
ABOUT GARD COMMUNICATIONS
Established in 1979, Gard provides advertising, public relations, and digital services to clients primarily in the sectors of government, healthcare, transportation, education, and energy. The work we do has depth, and often the power to change public thinking.
We are centrally located downtown in a bike-friendly area right on the light rail. We are one block from the art museum and tree-filled parks, and Portland’s largest food cart pod is nearby.
Email your PDF resume, cover letter and two writing samples you feel proud of to . Writing samples may include plans, emails, project management work product and more. Include “DIGITAL + ADVERTISING ACCOUNT MANAGER” in the subject line.
Please respond by August 24, 2018.