This is a full-time, in-house position. We will not consider freelancers or recruiters. The application deadline is midnight, October 26, 2018.
- Mastery of clean, semantic coding including HTML5 and CSS3
- Effectively translate architecture and design models into interactive experiences
- Able to develop themes from design comps with pixel-perfect precision
- Committed to customizing WordPress installs for clients with the highest level of user friendliness in mind
- Demonstrate understanding of modern technologies and devices, and how they impact user experience
- Solid appreciation of the role of design aesthetics in user experience
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications including through email, phone and in-person.
- Participate in planning websites
- Working from wireframes and Adobe XD files created by the designer, develop websites primarily in WordPress
- Maintain existing client websites in WordPress
- Write website admin interface training materials and lead hands-on training for non-technical clients
- 2+ yrs agency/team experience
- Experience interfacing with clients and being the main technical point of contact for some projects.
- Must be comfortable working with a cross-disciplinary team, and able to advocate for user-centric decisions to the team, and to clients
- Experience with contributing to the analysis of client needs, and suggesting technical solutions that support client goals
- Track-record of making good technical decisions independently
- Metrics, monitoring, and testing
- ADA compliance
- Accustomed to working with documentation and unfamiliar technologies to find solutions
- Familiar with hosting environments, DNS records, email set-up
NICE TO HAVE
- Web app development
- Experience working with clients in similar industry sectors as Gard’s
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
- We are a helpful, responsive, collaborative lot, and we unfailingly support each other to bring the best to each client.
- We’ll help you grow professionally by providing an environment in which you can continue to explore and learn. We also offer professional development support such as for conference attendance, and membership to professional associations.
- We’re an established firm with a track record of retaining employees for many years. We understand that a sustainable work environment is one that offers stability, and values and supports each individual with respect.
- We value initiative and self-motivation.
- We are committed to work-life balance. We stay focused on the work and manage our client projects with efficiency, so that overtime is very rarely required.
Gard offers a competitive salary and premium health and dental benefits for you and your family. Employees qualify for 401K, disability, and life insurance plans after 6 months.
ABOUT GARD COMMUNICATIONS
Established in 1979, Gard provides advertising, public relations, and public affairs services to clients primarily in the sectors of healthcare, transportation, education, and energy.
The work we do has depth, and often the power to change public thinking. We are expanding our web department, and you will be joining our growing digital team.
We are centrally located downtown in a bike-friendly area right on the light rail. We are one block from the art museum and tree-filled parks, and Portland’s largest food cart pod is nearby.
The application deadline is midnight, October 26, 2018.
Email your PDF resume, cover letter and provide the top four URLs of websites that you have been a part of. Include what sections you built and your contributions to the process. Send your application to and include “WEB DEVELOPER” in the subject line.
Only emailed applications will be considered. Your emailed application will be acknowledged with an auto-response. Please do not call, unless you do not receive the automatic email acknowledgement.
We may begin interviews before the application deadline. Out-of-state candidates will be interviewed via Skype.