Gard Communications is looking for a full-time bookkeeper with experience in a marketing and/or media environment.
Established in 1979, Gard provides advertising, public relations and digital services to clients primarily in the government, healthcare, transportation, education and energy sectors. Our bookkeeper will work closely with our account team and media buyers, and report to Vice President of Operations.
• Assist Director of Operations with accounts receivable duties such as billing, updating budget spreadsheets, processing deposits and filing
• Process vendor invoices and credit card charges
• Contact vendors to investigate missing invoices or invoices that do not match media orders
• Coordinate with the purchaser to reconcile invoice/PO discrepancies
• Reconcile cash sheet and select GL accounts to assist with month end closing
• Post recurring journal entries to the general ledger for media, depreciation, and distribution
• Maintain documentation of reconciliation for select GL accounts to support tax documentation
• Preparation and mailing of 1099s
• File and maintain vendor W-9s received throughout the year
• Maintain organization of vendor invoice files
• Match invoices to checks to ensure accuracy before mailing and filing
• Assist director of operations with office maintenance
Skills and Experience
• 2-3 years of bookkeeping experience with a strong preference for media billing background
• Basic understanding of accounting principles
• Aptitude for numbers and strong attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
How We Support You
• We’re an established firm with a track record of retaining employees for many years by being helpful, responsive and collaborative. We’re well known, well respected and most of our work is by referral.
• We’ll help you grow professionally by providing an environment in which you can continue to explore and learn. We also offer professional development support such as for conference attendance, training and membership to professional associations.
• We practice a hybrid work model, combining working from home with office presence to foster collaboration
• We are committed to work/life balance. We all have lives, families, sports and hobbies outside of work. We know they’re important and encourage a healthy work/life balance.
• You will be part of a team. Not only does the team provide support and learning opportunities, but also camaraderie, shared success and even a bit of fun.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Premium health and dental benefits
• Employer-paid base life insurance, and short- and long-term disability
• Paid parking and/or commuter benefits
• 401K with matching contributions
We hold ourselves to high ethical standards at Gard. Part of our ethical practice includes the recognition that traditional hiring practices and operations disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We are committed to making Gard a workplace that is both profitable and productive, and that advances the needs of both our clients and our employees. We strongly encourage all applications.
Click on the button below to email your PDF resumé and cover letter.
The application deadline is February 28, 2023.