This is a full-time, in-house position. We will not consider freelancers or recruiters.
Gard Communications is looking for a Communications/PR Account Manager with a strong sense of craft and excellent management skills. We hope to find someone who enjoys challenges, will take ownership of their work, is self-disciplined and values the people they work with as much as the work itself. We’re a close-knit team that enjoys working together and collaborating.
This position reports to the Vice President and will be part of the Account Management team (we call it the A-Team). Our team is made up of junior and senior staff, all learning from and supporting each other with the goal of developing each team member’s skills and abilities while also helping our clients be successful.
This person will lead key corporate communications and PR accounts, interfacing with clients, managing projects, collaborating with other departments and supporting accounts. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in all aspects of this work.
Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years related experience (required)
- Extensive interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including via email, video calls, phone and in-person
- Strong writing and strategic thinking skills
- Client relationship development
- Collaborating with an account management team and other departments
- Developing PR and corporate communications strategies with and for clients
- Utilizing multiple modes/vehicles/channels of communication to achieve client goals
- Developing and implementing communications plans that include corporate communications, public relations, community outreach, marketing, internal communications and social media tactics
- Understanding of how to set and track KPIs
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with community, business members and media important to clients
- Interacting with the media locally, regionally and nationally including pitching and developing of PR materials
- Use of technology and online resources to generate opportunities for clients
- Planning and management of communications and marketing campaigns
Nice to Have
- Experience working with clients in similar industry sectors as Gard’s (health care, energy, manufacturing, higher education, foundation, transportation and more).
- Experience working in public relations, public affairs, litigation communications and crisis management.
- Plan and produce video content to enhance communications efforts.
How We Support You
- We’re an established firm with a track record of retaining employees for many years by being helpful, responsive and collaborative. We’re well known, well respected and most of our work is by referral. Our team members also tend to have long careers at Gard.
- We’ll help you grow professionally by providing an environment in which you can continue to explore and learn. We also offer professional development support such as for conference attendance, training and membership to professional associations.
- We are committed to work/life balance. We stay focused on the work and manage our client projects with efficiency. We all have lives, families, sports and hobbies outside of work. We know they’re important and encourage a healthy work/life balance.
- You will be part of a team. Not only does the team provide support and learning opportunities, but also camaraderie, shared success and even a bit of fun.
Compensation and Benefits
Gard offers a competitive salary and premium health and dental benefits for you and your family. Employees also qualify for 401K, disability and life insurance plans after 6 months.
We hold ourselves to high ethical standards at Gard. Part of our ethical practice includes the recognition that traditional hiring practices and operations disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We are committed to making Gard a workplace that is both profitable and productive, and that advances the needs of both our clients and our employees. We strongly encourage all applications.
To apply, click the button below to email us.
Please provide your resume, cover letter and three writing samples you feel proud of. Writing samples may include marketing plans, press releases, communications memos, talking points or more.
The application deadline is February 28, 2023.