This is a full-time, in-house position located in Portland, Oregon. We will not consider freelancers or recruiters.
Gard Communications is looking for a public relations project manager. This position reports to the director of public relations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years related experience is preferred, if you have more or less, make your case
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communications including through email, phone and in-person
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills and an organized thinker
- Prior project management skills
- Nice to have: PR experience including:
- Strong media pitching and media response skills (proactive, reactive and defensive)
- Strong writing skills including with press releases, emails, proposals, PR plans, op-eds, bylined articles, pitches and talking points
- Manages and coordinates production of materials, such as media kits, brochures and advertising
- General knowledge of the media landscape (locally, regionally, nationally)
- Uses technology and online resources to generate opportunities for clients
- This person will work on PR accounts, interfacing with clients, managing projects and supporting accounts. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in all aspects of the work from strategy to calendar listings to media calls.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with clients in similar industry sectors as Gard’s
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
- We are a helpful, responsive, collaborative lot, and we unfailingly support each other to bring the best to each client.
- We’ll help you grow professionally by providing an environment in which you can continue to explore and learn. We also offer professional development support such as for conference attendance, and membership to professional associations.
- We’re an established firm with a track record of retaining employees for many years. We understand that a sustainable work environment is one that offers stability, and values and supports each individual with respect.
- Our structure is egalitarian and we value initiative and self-motivation.
- We are committed to work-life balance. We stay focused on the work and manage our client projects with efficiency, so that overtime is very rarely required.
We hold ourselves to high ethical standards at Gard. Part of our ethical practice includes the recognition that traditional hiring practices and operations disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We are committed to making Gard a workplace that is both profitable and productive, and that advances the needs of both our clients and our employees.
Gard offers a competitive salary and premium heath and dental benefits for you and your family. Employees qualify for 401K, disability, and life insurance plans after 6 months.
ABOUT GARD COMMUNICATIONS
Established in 1979, Gard provides advertising, public relations, and public affairs services to clients primarily in the sectors of healthcare, transportation, non-profit, education, and energy. The work we do has depth, and often the power to change public thinking. We are centrally located downtown in a bike-friendly area right on the light rail. We are one block from the art museum and tree-filled parks.
The application deadline is midnight, September 25, 2019.
Email your PDF resume, cover letter and three writing samples you feel proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing samples may include press releases, PR plans, op-eds, bylined articles, pitches, talking points or more. Include “PUBLIC RELATIONS PROJECT MANAGER” in the subject line.